Wishing you Recovery....





Challenges are so stimulating and I enjoy them so much...they're good for the gray matter!   Sometimes it's a matter of starting with the sketch and working with what I have in my stash to end up with a usable-sendable card.   I like today's card, it's different somehow.   When I first looked at the sketch at Tuesday Morning sketches, and different artist's take on the sketch, I kept thinking about the oval shaped flex toys that hook onto each other and are usually the primary colors.  The toddlers in the nursery at church  make necklaces to wear and to chew on (of course we clean them after nursery time).  With that in mind, I decided to use a die cut from the retired SU collection Swirly Scribbles--  Using papers from Natures Poem DSP (SU retired) I die cut the panel and the little circles that remind me of grapevine wreaths.   I layered the leaf panel with Soft Suede on a crumb cake card base.  When it was all attached it looked a little plain...so I gussied it up some,   I hope you enjoy it and thanks for stopping by...this sketch challenge was a challenge for sure!
Kathy

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. I like your take on the sketch. I especially like the way you gussied it up! Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous take on the sketch. Love your play with the ribbon.
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.
    xxx Margreet DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea with the swirls. Beautiful in combination
    with the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! I love the swirls!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love hearing about your thought process to this card. I knew those rings the moment you mentioned them. This card turned out absolutely beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa, with my health issues I've been in quarantine except for son and husband. So posting is like talking to someone who gets it!

      Delete