Farmhouse thinking of you...






Welcome, Happy Saturday to all my card making friends in cyberworld.   It's supposed to get in the 90's here in SC today...and be sunny.    I play around with using digital stamps and papers.   For one thing they store easy and you only print what you use.  My craft area consists of one side of the guest bedroom and shelving unit in the double door closet, so needless to say I don't hoard anymore!  I don't spend a lot for the digital paper packages from Etsy and some of them come with solid colors.  About a year ago I made this card using a digital striped card base that I made.   For today's card I created a card base with vertical striping using a "felt" look digital paper pack that I had purchased for another project.  I wanted to create a farmhouse look.   I actually have cone flowers out in front of my country porch.  I save the card base designs that I make in a folder on desktop and can change out the colors as I want to...I could do prints etc.  I think the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches is a great design for different looks and will definitely use again...I can see using the felt digi paper at Christmas.   I know some card makers don't care for digital, and I get that, but as I age my hands aren't as steady as they once were so it helps me to continue doing what I love.   This card is really a hybrid I stamped the stems, leaves and flowers and sentiment.  I love the sentiment font and size...such a soft look...Thanks for stopping by and have a good safe weekend!
Kathy

6 comments:

  1. What a pretty trio of flowers! Love your color choices. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love,your sweet flowers! Beautiful card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty card! I just love those flowers! Such pretty colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. The colours are so pretty together.

    ReplyDelete