Coneflowers (again) Just Because...







This is my second card this week using the "Beautiful Friendship" stamp set that came in a kit last fall from Fun Stampers Journey.   When I got the kit I wasn't all that enthralled with the set and the cards I was to make so I stuffed it back on a shelf.  But I drug it out last week (partly out of guilt--I bought it-so I needed to use it) and started making a card and messed up.  But I liked the little coneflowers I had fussy cut so I used them on this card and since that card I have been quite taken with this set...I don't know if they sell it now, but in addition to 3 different size of cone flowers and leaves it has 3 very nice sentiments!   Now back to this card, I was struck by the vertical sentiment and the striping on the lower half of the card sketch over at CAS(E) this sketch this week!  I pretty much always look for a sketch to work with these days, it helps cut down on the amount of time that I stare at my stamps and cs trying to think of of a way to use them.  I also go looking around for other challenges that inspire me  My "cone flowers" would look delicious on top of those cupcakes in the challenge photo over at the Just Add Ink .   I digitally created the base of my card and then added other items to create a lightweight fun card.  I hope you like it and have an enjoyable week creating.  I am thankful that the Lord gave us such creative desire- it is so satisfying to work with all things paper, stamps and ink and now my digi stash!       Smiles,   Kathy

Digital Paper (not layered the color is on card base) using Etsy LittlePandaDesigns
Sentiment and Flowers:    Fun Stampers Journey
Pearls:   SU
Ink Pad:   SU Fresh Fig
Markers:   SU garden green, daffodil delight and wisteria wonder (ret.)
last but not least --my SU Stamparatus (makes such clean images and sentiments)


3 comments:

  1. Lovely card - I really love the soft summery background, it just looks very calm. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cone flowers are a lovely feature Kathy and I love how they and the colours move down the card. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete