Blue with Silver Christmas Card...















As I've said over and over I am red and green when it comes to Christmas, but after looking at Joann's beautiful Poinsettia card over at Crafty Nana's Blog I was inspired to create a blue with silver card.  Of course my card is nothing like hers, her card is so beautiful and elegant.   But after all when we use what we have on hand...who knows what we will end up with.   I had in mind to finally use some left over mini "electric blue", silver and white glittery bulbs that I have had for over 10 years now.  I'm not a hoarder, but I always thought these were too cute to part with.  I used to work with a gal who passed a cemetery each day on her way to and from work and she quite frequently mentioned how much she hated those "electric blue" flowers that people put out on their loved one's graves, but somehow this is quite different, I think.   For the design I used the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches and for the As You See It shallenge I added "something metallic, which is a piece of shiny silver paper.  It's a fun card and would work well for those "electric blue" enthusiasts in our lives!   Maybe I'll send it to my friend this coming Christmas!   Thanks for stopping by,   Kathy

Digi Card base:  LittlePandaDesigns (Etsy) printed on an 81/2 by 11 ( 2nd picture shows where I cut an 8 1/2 by 10 unfolded card base where some of the printed design will show on the back as well when folded)
Digi Merry Christmas panel:  DesignLoversStudio (Etsy)
Sentiment (CTMH retired)  much loved!
Fluted Silver Paper:  Hobby Lobby
Christmas bulbs:   ? vintage from my stash!
Wreath Die Cut (straightened down side of card) Memory Box 2013
Shiny Stretch Silver Ribbon:  no idea where it came from--but tying it was a buggar-boo, so I'm glad I used it all up!


4 comments:

  1. Wow, a card with realistic looking lights! The blue and silver work perfectly together. You're certainly getting ahead on next Christmas, starting your stash now! Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an elegant holiday card! love the blue and silver! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand why you hung onto those bulbs for so long - they are perfect on this card! Thanks for sharing with us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great Christmas card! I love the silver and blue! So classic! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete