Teal Birthday...




Today, I'm playing along over at Addicted to CAS #129 "Teal."    Last month I helped host a Bridal shower for a family friend.   Since she is getting married at an "upcycled barn" venue and is using teal, I bought a distressed wood plank paper to make her invitations.  I printed the invite on vellum and attached with ribbon to panels I cut from the teal paper.  The picture of today's card shows that paper.   From some of the left overs  I die cut Happy Birthday (not a fru-fru die cut). .  I cut the sentiment again in Lagoon (CTMH) and layered this on the card base and then topped with the Happy Birthday from the worn-wood paper.  It was "very forgiving" to work with.  For the card base I used Sahara Sand (SU)  and stamped some "tools" on it with taffy ink which matched the worn distressed look in the paper. The tool stamp set and taffy ink are from CTMH (retired).   It was very simple..which is what I like when I am making more than one card. In all I made 10, since I wanted to share with the girls that I stamp and swap with and also my sister!   She is always wanting cards for the males in her family!     Thanks for looking, I enjoyed participating at CAS..     Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Fun card. Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a funny card love it. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete