Upcycled Valentine...



Today's card is my "take" on Inspired by All the Little Things # 79.   I loved the bicycle with the basket and all the hearts in the inspiration picture.   I went with a unique (for me) color scheme because I wanted to use a "bow" that I had tied in my "remnants box" (basically where I store parts I ended up not using in other creations).  My goal is to try and use as much as I can before I start with new (we'll see how long this lasts).  I found a card base that I had stamped with lace across it and felt it was a close enough match for the ribbon...I then found some light purplish cs in my "cs pieces box"(which I thought was wisteria wonder-but it wasn't).   after I finished the card I felt it needed another layer so I cut the rest of the cs (purpish-who knows the color) and adhered it to the front panel...I will confess I cut and wrangled with it so it's not quite an A2 card.....Overall I think it is a very nice card to send to a good friend or family member.  It has a feminine look!             Thanks for stopping by and Happy Valentines to everyone!  kathy


5 comments:

  1. Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a PERFECTLY tied bow! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must confess I actually found the bow part in my box (probably tied it on my small bow dabber, then to make it look like I tied it around the card...I cut a piece of the same ribbon and tied a tight knot and attached it around to the back and then using dots attached the bow! I guess I cheated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous take on the inspiration! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Inspired By All The Little Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bow is the perfect place to start if this card came from it! I love the colors and that sweet bicycle image. Thanks for playing along at Inspired By All the Little Things!

    ReplyDelete