Little Donkey in the pasture...




Last week I had decided to make "manly" cards on Monday...I picked this little donkey out yesterday  but didn't get it done until today.   I give cards to my sister since she and her husband send out so many birthday, graduation, you name the occasion and she is always needing more masculine cards.   They aren't as much  fun to make.   But this little guy captured my heart. The sketch challenge is 573 over at Just Add Ink and it worked to well for adding color and texture to my card.     I wanted to emboss the base and I was flipping through my folders and found this one,  I think it works well, since I'm sure when donkey gets his run on he can kick up some dirt!  I used "plaid tiding" SU and the base is ctmh (I love how embossing it gives a sanded appearance.  I used markers for coloring, but I have ordered SU water color pencils and I think that will be easier and look much nicer.  I always use Intense Black from CTMH to stamp my images with, it just works so well for me!  It really is quite simple, but I think it's fun!  
  Thanks for stopping by,   Kathy



 

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha - cute and cheeky donkey. Love your textured background - it really caught my eye. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much, Kathy! That little donkey is sooooo cute. Thankyou for joining in with our JAI Sketch Challenge. D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete