Lindsey and Team card packs

 






A couple of weeks ago, I shared on a couple of posts that my friend Pam Driggers (SU Demonstrator) and I had been busy making handmade thank you cards for my daughter and the team of ladies from all over the world who are visiting in a multi-cultural country where conflict is a part of everyday life.   They visited with many ladies and were able to take them thank you notes (made similar to the Paper Pumpkin New  Horizon march kit).   My friend came through and had these done beautifully in quick order and my daughter was so pleased with them.  She wanted to take a little gift along with the thank you notes that was significant to our state SC.  We thought of palmetto tree items to buy for that, and my friend suggested since most of those kinds of gifts are imported from China...That perhaps we could use the New Horizon Paper, Paradise Palms, stamps and the clear boxes for 3x3 cards and envelopes (they hold 5) and make enclosure cards for the ladies to use.  Since some of them may not speak English we did not add sentiments.  Also Palm trees are an endangered tree in this country.    I decided to use a digital download state outline that I have used on a card before and insert the sentiment Handmade in SC USA in the outline.  My friend stamped a stamp from the Paradise Palm set on top of the state outline and, it looked awesome.  The packs have 3 green based cards and 2 pale papaya based cards for a total of five in each.  We made 12 packs.  These are for the women who have them in their home and prepare food for them.   We signed our names and ran them through the Xryon and attached to the back of the boxes.   We both loved the look of the whole project and so did Lindsey.   To clarify it is a team that Lindsey is a part of, she is not one of the leaders.  The women who lead the team have doing it for years and the ladies vary in ages from 20s-70s which is one of the things that makes this team so special!    She returns on Memorial Day and  we can't wait to hear about this special trip by women to women to let them know they matter to Jesus.   The Lord bless keep all of you safe,   Smiles,   Kathy

PS   I have been busy during these rainy days, fine tuning my blog...I wanted to have a drop down menu for my labels and this one seemed to work best for that.







3 comments:

  1. What an amazing thing to do for your daughter and her team! I'm sure it feels good to help out in some way which is why I find doing this craft satisfying. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, it is an amazing opportunity hobby (kinda costly but for a good cause, my mental health and a blessing to others)

      Delete