Black and Silver Chirstmas cards...






This week is Color Challenge over at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown...I made 2 cards, and decided I personally liked the card at the top better than the second card.    I used some paper from an SU Christmas pack that I decided to consider "matte silver" paper. on both cards.    The second card was a little formal, so for the second card (at top)  I went with a more organic approach using the SU trees embossing folder for the base and using the Christmas Season die cut since pine cones are natural.   I did use metallic silver paper for this.  I finished it off with a sentiment on vellum that I adhered to white cs and then die cut with a stitched oval.  Using black I stamped the holly and dies from Christmas Season and then added shiny black enamels for the holly berries.  This card was simple to make and while I like them both, I can see this as a card for a guy, which I never have enough of.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you play along this week...The design team would love to see your work!         Smiles,   Kathy

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards Kathy, and I love the way the silver catches the various colours and really comes to life, especially against the black background
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. elles sont si chic et élégante Kathy, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy... love both of your black and silver creations! The script peace sentiment is a beautiful font!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wow Kathy! These are both so striking and so elegant looking! The top card with the metallic pines over the black really stand out beautifully! I love the way the second card looks like a beautiful poinsettia wreath! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicki, you are such an encouraging person. I would love to see yourf awesome work in our gallery one day soon!

      Delete
  5. So lovely. Regine

    ReplyDelete