Mixed Media Christmas Card





Today is Technique Saturday at 52 CCT and this is my first attempt at creating a mixed media card and it has been quite the challenge.   I started researching and trying to figure it out weeks ago.   A friend, Vicki, "Stamped Smiles" sent me an email with step by step directions and still I struggled.   I decided to try and bypass doing collage (just wasn't sure I could do that yet).     I  ended up gluing a vellum piece to a piece of designer paper, which I then trimmed to fit on the cherry cobbler base and  to smooth it out I embossed it.  I then added a diagnol strip of plaid tiding SU DSP  with cream cotton lace on both sides of this.  Using a dotted stencil I added SU Glittered embossing paste, I stamped poinsettia outline stamps on DSP and die cut them, layered them and then topping with gold sequins in center and backing with linen thread.  I added a folded doily with the sentiment using a silver clip. I added wink of stella to the poinsettia and leaves.    Thanks for stopping by and check out the beautiful work by the design team this week!   Then take the challenge, we would love to see your creations!        Smiles,   Kathy

     (the pretrimmed -pre embossed piece)    





 

8 comments:

  1. For someone who was unsure of what mixed media was and how to create in it, this is amazing Kathy - well done!! So many layers and textures and mediums used - you certainly mixed it up well.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and in the end it turned out great!!! ♥♥
    My little niece was very good at mixed media, she was a good teacher for me, but I must admit that I'm not always very comfortable with this technique either! Unfortunately, she no longer has time to make cards :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. très joli et charmant Kathy, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Kathy, this is sooo beautiful! I'm in love with all of the different layers and textures you were able to get onto your design! The poinsettia texture is my favorite and I sure do love all of that sparkle and lace too! I don't think you needed much of my help as it looks like you've got the hang of it quite well my friend! :) Brilliantly done and I sure hope you continue as I love seeing the inspiration from you! The more you try it out, the more you'll figure out what works and what doesn't. Crafty hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy... I struggled too! Not my technique for sure. I love what you came up with... so fun. The bits of fabric are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Kathy, mixed media projects take the longest to create for me too - first in my head, then on paper ;) Your card is a beautiful creation with stunning details - a wonderful combination of colors, technique and design!
    Crafty hugs, Majda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy I see you also struggle with this technique like I did but your card is very beautiful done. It's really great to have a friend like you have, to support you and lead you through the technique.

    ReplyDelete