Birthday Circle

It seems that it never looks like I have in mind or is never as simple to make as I think it will be, but today's card is usuable and I guess that's the main thing!  I was determined to use some of my absolutely favorite ribbon that I ration out!   Looking at the finished card I am reminded of the bows that you see on babies that are so big you can barely see the baby! Having decided to make a circle card instead of a square one,. I  folded a white cs big enough to lay the circle die on.  At this point I had an ah hah moment!  Why not cut a piece of the Painted Autumn (SU) paper I was using and go ahead and adhere it to the pre-die cut folded cs and cuttlebug it as a package deal, it would be so much easier that way ....or so I thought!  The first passthrough my cuttlebug didn't quite do the job,  so I added a thin piece of cardboard to the layering and flexed my muscles and got it through....I then used the little trimming scissors and walah...while anything but easy it had turned out fine!  For the sentiment I used a computer generated sentiment that I had on hand in my "harvested card body parts" box.  For the picture I placed the envelope behind it hoping the embossing around the scalloped edge would show up and I also included the little circle to use on the back (by far the simplest part--punching and xyroning) This is my take on FreshlyMade Sketches $305.
 Thanks for looking



No comments:

Post a Comment