Hebrews 4.16

I made this card with two challenges in mind Case This Sketch   #238, and also  Inspired By All the Little Things #63.  I fell in love with the colors chosen by guest artist Bev Kastman Buenker so I used Pool Party and Calypso Coral SU as my colors.   I didn't have little peachy-coral sequins...so I colored some pink ones with a coral sharpie.   The verse and vine is from Verve New Mercies Set.  I created the background with my Calypso Coral and Pool Party markers.  I ran them back and forth across a big stamping block, then used the water brush to blend them.  I then placed the piece of water color paper on the block and pressed in.  I removed the paper and laid it face down on scrap paper pulled it around and drug it down to get all the water off, before removing it.   After it dried I stamped the Bible verse on it and the vine with pool party. This is my first time to do two challenges with one card...it was fun and the sketch By Norine was amazing and was very challenging!   Thanks for looking,  Kathy






3 comments:

  1. Well done entering two challenges with your pretty card, Kathy! Your smooched background is fantastic behind the beautiful verse!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty take on the sketch and on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved hearing about your creative process, Kathy. Your card is serenely beautiful. The verse from Hebrews was a favorite of my moms, too, so this card made me smile a little extra today. You've used the colors beautifully, and I do love that vine. Thanks for playing along this week at IBATLTs! Bev

    ReplyDelete