Poinsettia Christmas card...




This card was inspired by the FreshlyMade Sketches #314 and  I also entered it on Inspired by All the Little Things  #74, because of it's "vintage" feel.  It was also inspired by my first handmade card 58 years ago when I was in first grade.  One day,  my teacher handed out "old" Christmas cards (we didn't get to pick) and using "clunky" scissors I cut out a "boring old Poinsettia" while the rest of the kids were cutting out Santa or Snowmen (needless to say I was miffed and anything but merry as we worked).....I glued it onto construction paper and hand wrote Merry Christmas and gave it to my  mother. She kept it for years, not sure where it finally ended up.    I'm glad I've grown up to realize that not only are they not boring, but poinsettia's are so beautiful and so alluring as part of the Christmas Season setting.   For this card I used a sentiment stamp from a local craft store and a doily from Su and cs crumbcake and tranquil tide SU.  Unlike my first card, the Poinsettia isn't cut from an old card, it's a--do I dare say it--sticker that I adhered to watercolor paper and fussy cut around so that the sticker smooth edge doesn't show.  I then added a glittered enamel (SU) in its' center.   Thanks for looking and may you enjoy reminiscing and making memories this Christmas season.

3 comments:

  1. Awww. Beautiful story. I, too, really love poinsettias at the holidays. Thanks for hooking this card up at Inspired By.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have come to love poinsettias!! They are lovely - you have accented this one beautifully with the doily and the twine. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your story, what a lovely memory and your mom probably never got rid of that card. I know my mom has kept any card that I have ever give. To hear that I made. Thank you for joining us at inspired by all the little things!

    ReplyDelete