Vellum Poinsettia Card...




Here is my second Poinsettia card that I have made this week, the other one can be viewed here.  Inspired by Case This Sketch  #248.  I stamped the Poinsettia with Crumb cake ink on a piece of vellum going off on the top end,  I then used colored pencils to try and create veining on the poinsettia petals...the pencils work well on vellum so I shall continue to practice!  I also stamped the sentiment on the same vellum and all went well until I tried to attach it to a plain white panel for its' backing. . Not so good...I ended up having to cut around the poinsettia and layer it onto a new white panel, and then stamping the sentiment again on the new panel.  I backed it with a piece of CTMH Juniper.  The stamp set is SU retired.  I finished the card off using the different shades of crushed curry glittered enamels.   It was fun and very challenging!  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment: