Dragonfly birthday...




When I saw this week's FreshlyMade Sketches #328 I thought of this dragonfly set and die cuts.   I haven't used them at all to speak of.   But I stamped the dragonfly on the square panel and then layered the die cut on top of it.  It is only glued down the middle the wings are spread.  I haven't done CASology before and while I think technically a dragonfly is an insect not a bug...here it is anyway!  I did some stippling with lavender on the white panels because I think it captures the idea that dragonflies hover and move around and are quite busy.   I realize this isn't everyone's taste, but also it kept the card from being to stately, it added some friendliness to it!  I'm in the midst of a springtime cold....so the only thing I feel like doing is messing around and what better place than my craft-guest room.  I just received my first order from Fun Stampers' Journey, if you want to know about this company just click on the name and it will take you to my friend's site...I don't belong to any company...I like it all!       Thanks for looking and I love comments even suggestions for improvement.  When I finish a card I almost always see something I would change. 
Supplies:
SU:   black cs, dragonfly dreams, stamps and dies, Touch of Texture, Stitched Dies
CTMH:   white daisy cs, retired sentiment
FSJ:  Lavender Fusion Ink Pad, licorice black thread and lavendar mini dots
Memento Black Ink


8 comments:

  1. Your dragonfly is lovely! Love the background you created as well! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Kathy. The sentiment is just right for the dragonfly and the colours are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the detail on this cool dragonfly! And your fun background adds a nice touch of color. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dragonfly is gorgeous and definitely counts as a "bug!" Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful this is! Love that bit of twine and your pops of color. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool are dragonflies?! And your card is just as great! Beautifully layered and great design. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card. The dragon fly has beautiful details. A great background

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks to everyone for taking time to comment and for such encouraging remarks!

    ReplyDelete