Penguin JOY...










Today is a rainy "Memorial Day" which translates out for me into a perfect day to play indoors.    The Merry Monday Christmas Challenge # 292 is to add Penguins to the card.   I started racking my brain (which probably isn't a good idea, fragile as it is) trying to think of something, since  I don't have penguin stamps.  A couple of months ago at a thrift store, I bought a pack of unopened Christmas paper (81/2 by 11) and some other Christmasy items....wah lah I found a cute little penguin that I was able to die cut around.   The sketch that I used is from the Paper Players #395. In keeping with the sketch details...the JOY Banner that little penguin is holding is the strip on the sketch.   I added glitter to the word JOY...which the little penguin has obviously free styled.   I decided to use the gray plaid panel on SU Cherry Cobler because the little dots around the penguin are gray...Snowflakes are embossed on the white panel.   I think he is going out to play in the snow!  It was such a fun card to make, sometimes simple just works!   Thanks for stopping in!    Kathy




5 comments:

  1. This is just adorable! Good use of that paper to use your sweet little penguin! Love the embossing and the sentiment too! Thanks for using my sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the adorable penguin. Love the embossing and the papers you used. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the checked background, embossed snowflakes and your sweet Penguin. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet! Love the way you used the paper for your penguin! Isn't it grand when you find great things in your stash! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to cut into your paper Kathy - such a sweet penguin! How organised are you too, making Christmas cards in May?! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete