Be Still...Psa.46.10




Before "brayering"

After "brayering"


For a few days, I kept looking at the paper that designer "Connie Collins" used for her card this week at Global Design Project Copy And Selectively Edit challenge.  I was drawn to the white space and lack of complete coloring in of the images in the paper.   It wasn't until after I decided to use my Petal Passion DSP from the Spring Occasions SU and make my own paper that I realized it was from the Share What You Love Collection in the current book which I do not own.    My attempt at coloring with a little bit more free spirit may have or may not have worked...but overall I like it.   I basically colored in loosely with water color crayons and pencils in the images and on the white space of the paper panels that I had cut to card size.  Then I laid the panels out on wax paper and put wet paper towels (rung out well and smoothed back out) on top and used a pastry roller to brayer it.  I then carefully removed the paper towels and let it dry (you could see pattern from reverse side until it dried).  Don't worry,  I don't use the pastry roller for baking (easier to buy flaky pie crust)...It would have been very time consuming to have used a waterbrush for that much coloring.  Anyway the pictures tell the story....I based the design of the card at the top loosely on Connie's card.   When I assembled I liked the slightly curled paper look, so I didn't glue really close to edges.
Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed week-end!   Kathy


Global Design Project

1 comment:

  1. Kathy, I am very impressed with your background! You did a wonderful CASE of my card. Thanks for joining in on the challenge this week at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete