Famer's Market Card




The photo at the Inspiration Challenge blog is so "colorful" this month, I'm quite certain it will spur your imagination.    I kept thinking farmer's market.  I haven't gotten beyond the super market this summer, because it is so hot.  I had a Mohs procedure to remove a "basal cell" cancer from my nose, so I'm staying indoors mostly.  (The Dr. got it all and it is healing nicely/)   I decided to use some cute digital papers from the "Farmer's Market Collection" at Nit Wit Digitals.   The image is mostly "colorful" vegetables and the saying is one our family doctor used to say with his mom as her dementia grew worse.   All his life he would say to her "I love you a bushel and a peck" and she would finish with "and a hug around the neck."  Up until the end they were able to do this.  He shared this all with me when she passed away.  It's funny how things strike a chord with us.  Nit Wit digi sets have background papers (the green) and images and embellishments.  For this I did a transparent set of veggies on top of the green check and then added the sentiment, which I left  with a white background because it was kind of hard to see when it was added as a transparent image.   I  then printed a second set of veggies on a white background and fussy cut around it and  popped up with dots.   I used colored pencils to add a more natural look to the veggies and for the buttons I printed some single veggies that I cut with an SU button die cut that I have had for ages.   Thanks for stopping by and the Design Team has done some awesome work with their creations this month.   So head on over and see how the photo inspires you.  We would love to see your creation (s).  Be sure and tell us how you were inspired by this photo.  Smiles to all,   Kathy

 

5 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Kathy - and thank you for sharing that sweet story about your doctor and his mother!
    Hope your nose continues to heal well - I have been having liquid nitrogen treatment for some skin cancers on my face - we would just get one finished and another would pop up, but I think we have won now!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy! I'm so happy to see you posting and I'm glad to read that you're doing better after your procedure! I absolutely love your farmer's market card! the gingham paper in the background works perfectly with it! We've been a couple of times and just had some corn on the cob..yum! It is really hot out there for sure! Stay cool indoors and crafty! Sending hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and interpretation of the photo. Thanks for sharing that sweet story about your Dr. and mother, my mom had dementia and it's such a cruel disease. Continued prayers you stay cancer free! Thanks for a beautiful project for The Inspiration Station Challenge!
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending love. I love this card. And you too.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How are you doing? Hope you’re well. Miss you friend.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete