Have a holly jolly Christmas....












Hi card friends, the 4th of July is barely over and I'm in the mood for Christmas, or at least Christmas weather for sure.   Oh we need a little Christmas, right this very minute here in SC...it's been hot, we have been having a storm every night (so that helps) For a few days now I've been wanting to make a Christmas Card,  using the sketch over at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown and I finished this card none to soon, for the challenge ends tomorrow!   I won honorable mention in their last challenge with this card,   I am very pleased that the design team liked what I made.    I also really appreciate those of you who comment, it is just so encouraging to me.  I'm back over at Double Trouble this week.  Thing 1 wants Christmas in July and as it seems so do I and Thing 3 (twisted sister) wants at least 4 picks from the Color Board at the Color My Heart Challenge #503.  Finally when both these requests are met, Thing 2 can give the ok  to enter the Color Me Dare challenge through the here portal on their website.  I used red/pink on the flower/poinsettia and 2 shades of green and I also used light pink rhinestones also.   The Color My Heart Color Dare is a "new to me" challenge.   It is helpful that Double Trouble is partnering with other challenges.    I stamped one of my favorite stamps from CTMH (retired) for the sentiment and everything is done with Designer Paper and Die cuts...I cut the holly wreath open and trimmed off the part I wasn't using.  The papers are from the collection I got at Scrapbook.com.   I just wanted clean and simple which is what I noticed on cards from the 52 CCT design team. I really like the way it turned out.    Thanks for stopping in!       Smiles,    Kathy


21 comments:

  1. Love this card Kathy - great use of the sketch and the Double Trouble Challenge prompts.
    Congratulations on your honourable mention too!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your card - it's so classy!` Thanks for joining us again at 52CCT:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, you've created a elegant holiday card! Love your use of the leaf element for the vertical panel in the sketch! Thank you so much for sharing your card and how you created it with us at Double Trouble and Color Date for our partner holiday challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card turned out beautiful Kathy! I looked at your card and was wondering how you got that look on your poinsettias and then saw that you've die cut them from some really gorgeous papers! Great take on the sketch and good for you on getting a Christmas one done! Congrats on your win too!! Crafty hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you dear Card "buds", I feel so connected to so many of you when you visit my blog and I come calling at yours...thank you so much for being there and doing life with others who share your passion for cardmaking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and elegant Christmas card! Love the colors! Thank you so much for playing along with 52CCT. Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the clean lines on your card - beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at both Colour Dare and Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Buffalo Plaid background for this card. Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Christmas card and love your creative interpretation of the sketch and wow, you used almost all the blocks in the Color Dare Challenge. Thanks for coming back and sharing with us at both Double Trouble and Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful christmas card - great design! Thank you so much for joining in at 52 CCT.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well :-)
    Hugs, Majda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your clean and simple card is so cute!! You used that sketch perfectly and we're glad you also played along with us at Double Trouble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the simplicity & clean lines! Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #115.

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful card. thank you for sharing at color dare

    ReplyDelete