Heartfelt Roses...






I recently downloaded some "papers" from Papercraft Essentials #162 by Joanna Sheen.  I'm playing around with what to do with them...in some ways, today's card is the equivalent of recycling old cards.   The card base (not layered on another white card) and single rose are from this collection,  I used colored pencils to enliven the printed based flowers and then painted the fussy cut rose with nuvo shimmer pen.   The sentiment is from Heartfelt Blooms (SU) and finished off with black string (FSJ) and pearls (SU).  I would send this as a Sympathy card.  Even though it's mostly digital, doesn't necessarily mean it's easy for me.  There is so much I'm learning, but having the ability to save the card base to my computer will help me with a class that I am getting together for some friends to make cards for ministry.    We can use digitally created bases and decorate the fronts.    This may just be a phase the jury is still out.   But I did love the way this card turned out using digital base and image.  Thanks for stopping by,   Kathy

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Love the paper and the pretty rose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely and elegant card. Very pretty. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous flowers, and I love the subtle script background. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete