Nature's Poem Sympathy...






I really enjoy layering on my cards so when I saw the card Heather Heroldt had made using the As You See It Sketch I decide to give it go myself.  Since I always enjoy playing along over at Fab Friday, for today's card I used their color challenge even though that is the hardest kind of challenge for me...I employed the "throw some paint on the wall and see what sticks" method for awhile trying to come up with something and finally I chose the Nature's Poem DSP paper cut an oval and built from there. For all my fussing around with it, I think I came up with a  clean and vintage effect (CAVE).  The color in photo is a little off.   Since I only have a mossy meadow ink pad (no paper) I stamped the sentiment in that and made leaves using the petite petal stamp and backed the pink flower to bring it out some!     As always thanks for stopping by,  Kathy

CS, Twine and Ink: Powder Pink, Mint Macaroon, Crumb Cake, Tranquil Tide
DSP: Nature's Poem
Dies:   Stitched Ovals SU,  ? decorative rectangle/oval look
Embossing Folder:   FSJ
SU retired pink enamel



7 comments:

  1. Very sweet, pretty card! I love the elements you added as well as that cool color combo! (I need to play with that challenge myself!) Thanks for sharing this with As You See It this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! The colours are lovely. I like the embossing on the white. The star for me is that gorgeous double bow with the flower atop it. Thank you for joining us at As You See It this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty design! The colors work perfectly with your images. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! You created a soft and peaceful card with great texture. Perfect sympathy card. Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so pretty - what a fantastic layering of papers you have here, and such great textures! Great use of our colors! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank all of you so much for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely and elegant! A beautiful mixture of textures and papers! Thanks for playing along with As You See It!

    ReplyDelete