blooms for you...



I started today's card with two challenges in mind, the Paper Players which is using the creation of negative space as their challenge and the Case This Sketch design for this week.   To create negative space I punched a flower out of patterned paper I then punched the same flower in the white panel  I put circles of the pattern paper behind the punched places in the panel and attached all this to the card base.  I then used that same paper and die cut a frame.   Anyway...it was a buggar boo to assemble --I have got to work on that.  I added the rhinestones to liven it up a bit.   When you look at it from the side,  you can see the negative punched space behind the fluffed up flowers.  So in addition to the flower negative space I also have used negative space technique with the frame.  It's all about learning lately!      I do enjoy trying new things!  Thanks for stopping in and any suggestions on assembly tricks would be most welcome!

Supply List:
rectangle double stitched frame, Poppy.com)
SU Petite Petal  Punch (retired
sentiment:   Su Perennial Birthday (current)
pattern paper:   June SSS Month Kit
CS:   Wisteria Wonder SU (retired)
rhinestones SU

Click on the photos to go to the challenge website:









3 comments:

  1. Your efforts all paid off with this sweet little card! I love that multi-colored stitched frame that perfectly coordinates with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful sentiment, I absolutely love it. I also love how your frame perfectly echoes the flowers. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete