Cake TIme...




Today's card is an experiment on many levels.   The As You See It challenge 191 provided a great sketch for my idea!     I've been toying with digital downloads (paper and images).    For the base I picked a lace pattern from my online closet (everything organized by designer and kept on desktop for easy access) I printed it on white and cut it as the base of the card (the blue is part of the base) and then I used an embossing folder to give it texture.   I then cut white and layered the fun floral pattern panel on that.   I did stamp the sentiment on the little tag and tie it on.   I used Nuvo pearls for the toppings to cover colors that didn't quite work as well as to make it look yummy!    There definitely is a learning curve!      Thanks for stopping by, have a good Sunday!       Kathy

the cupcake is by MNDESIGNS
and the rest of the paper is from KatyDidScraps
the sentiment is a mini stampset from Fun Stampers Journey

3 comments:

  1. That cupcake looks good enough to eat! I love the texture you've created on your card through light and shadow and through embossing! The pearls did, indeed, make it look yummy! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! What a delicious card...the pastel hues are so sweet and pretty! A great way to highlight that cute cupcake! Thanks for sharing this at AYSI!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cupcake is making me drool! Great card! I love the placement of the pearls on the frosting. So glad you played along with us at the As You See it Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete