ran out of candles...



This week has been challenging.   My sweet sister went to be with the Lord this past Tuesday and though not unexpected our family feels the loss and will miss her being in our lives.  I also found out today that I have a lesion on the rt. clavicle.   I have posted before that I have multiple myeloma and after a stem cell transplant in 2016, I have been in remission.  My husband and I will be meeting with the Oncologist on Monday to see what is best to do about it.   I'm really kind of numb right now.   I've been tidying my work space and mulling over what to do with this sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches.    I decided I wanted to do a "fun" card  I usually do more serious projects. Using colored pencils I ended up with a a coloring book look--and evidently by the looks of it  the poor lady didn't do too good a job. I guess she was too busy hunting candles for the top! (LOL)  I pass most of my cards off to the sister closest to me in age and she will really enjoy getting to send this to her sister in laws in WI. ( I am making another one for her)  This DSP Playing with Patterns (SU) came a couple of days ago...such fun colors and playful images!      I will end this post with a prayer of thanksgiving!    Dear Father,   I acknowledge that you and you alone are worthy of all praise and worship.  Thank you that though I don't know what tomorrow holds, I do know that tomorrow is in your mighty hands and that there is no situation or circumstance that I will ever find myself in  that you are not with me.  (Psa.23).   You are always good and all that you do is good!  May your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven, and may all who read this join me in saying Blessed be the name of the LORD JESUS,   Amen        Thanks for stopping by,    Kathy

8 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs and prayers to you and your family during this time of grief. And hugs and prayers to you for your own health issues.

    The card you made is so adorable! It does remind me a line in a movie where one character asks the other how many candles and the answer back was just set the cake on fire! LOL Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet blog friend, your kindness is so appreciated. The movie reference brought a smiled to my face for sure!

      Delete
  2. Feel so sorry for your loss and I hope your oncologist can help you out.
    Your card is gorgeous with that fun image. Love it.
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    xxx Margreet DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margreet, you are so kind, it is nice to have friends out in blog world....it isn't surprising there's just something wonderful about card makers!

      Delete
  3. I did actually LOL when I saw your card, then tears came to my eyes when I read what about your loss this past week and what you might be facing this coming week. Will pray for you!
    What a blessing that you know the Lord and have Him near through the trials of this life!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Debbie, I appreciate you praying. I am thankful that the Lord does not leave or forsake His children ever. The other sister (who I give cards to for her to send out) and I both agree our sister Marlene would have had a good laugh with this one--so glad you think it's funny too! The sisters and I are of that age now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sentiment and image are fun and I love the shade of purple you used. It's nice to have crafting as a stress reliever during the challenging times. My heartfelt sympathy on the loss of your sister and praying for you. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea, thank you for your kind words and prayers. May the Lord bless and keep you!

      Delete