Just Because floral...

 



A "just because" card is so versatile and when I saw the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches for this week, I immediately knew how I would interpret it.   It didn't take me long to get it made.   Embossing the card panel made it roly poly--so I had to really coat the backside with adhesive so it would be flat on the base.   Cutting the base to open at the bottom felt like a nice touch for this sketch also.    My SU "friend" supplier and I are making a Mother's Day basket for an older friend who no longer stamps with us because of her health.   We are each making cards to put in, so this is going in there.   I also swap with 3 other card makers each month.  We swap a completely made card and a kit that only needs assembly,   this may be my kit---since adhering it to the panel was a challenge for me!
Thanks for stopping in,  comments are so appreciated.           Kathy

Current product used:     SU Whimsey dies (current Occasions),  Flowers for every Season 6x6 DSP (current SU year catalog--retiring soon) and Blue Belle ink CTMH (yearly color)

 

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty card! I love your take on the sketch! Love the embossed background and the whimsy dies! So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jen, it was an inviting sketch and looking forward to seeing what other card papers submit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely! The textured background, wavy lines, and pretty flowers are perfect together. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete