Hugs for stitches...


Welcome, if you have visited my blog before, you will notice that I've decided to rearrange things a bit...this will probably take awhile (moving furniture is a lot easier-or at least for me.   We'll see how it goes as I personalize it.  For this card I used a current sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday  DSP seemed like a good choice since I struggle with using several colors on my work. I rotated the sketch one turn to the right so the fussy card flower would be where the black rectangle is on the sketch!    Faux stitching from SU die Cuts provides dimension and interest..   The DSP is SU retired and I don't know it's name, but I think the colors are all still current. The rose patterned diagnol piece was cut and then run through the zyron and then was attached to the striped panel  (5 3/4 x 4 1/2), so I had room to use the large stitched rectangle and it would be continuous around all of it.  Base is basic gray and I think the rhinestones are from one of the Paper Pumpkin kits!   Fun sketch...this would make a nice card to send to someone who is recovering from surgery--it would keep them in stitches!   Pun intended!      Thanks for stopping in and I welcome feedback!     Kathy

12 comments:

  1. A clever interpretation of our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch challenge! I really like your use of the stitched dies for that little added detail for a formal card. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at TSOT!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely and sweet card - these pretty roses look so elegant over all our stripes! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very unique interpretation of the sketch - love it! This is such a pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch! The colors are lovely and I love the striped background. Thank you for playing along with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday #501.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A favorite stamp set for me! And, oh how I loved this DSP too! Thank you for joining Try Stampin' on Tuesday for Challenge #501.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Kathy! Your card was one of our "Top 3" at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm quite honored, the sketch was fun and I had been wanting to make a card with that paper for awhile now ( my SU friend gave me some she had left over).

    ReplyDelete