Vintage Birthday bling!





Humor and bling are two things that challenge me in cardmaking.   But since I have 2 CTMH stamp sets, I haven't used very much I decided to make this card.    It came to mind when I was looking on the Less is More blog #451 Sparkle challenge.   Just Add Ink challenge is to Just add Lines (so I chose squiggly ones)
Let's just say that since I wear glasses, if I were sewing without them, this is what it would like (probably like this even if I had them on.)     I am also linking to Seize the Birthday Challenge "anything goes.     Three fun challenges!   The color is polished pink from the new SU in color collection.   When I first saw this color with my Demonstrator/friend, I commented that I would never use it.   I got all the ink pads anyway and so far it's the only color I have used out of the collection.  Including this one I have made 3 cards (click to see the other 2).      Thanks for stopping in and be safe!          Kathy


 

14 comments:

  1. Great squiggly lines, Kathy. Safe to say often my sewing skills are similar even with my glasses on :) Love the added bling to those cute specs. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for taking the time to comment, so encouraged!

      Delete
  2. This is so fun - puts a big smile on my face. What a great a CAS design. Perfect image to go with that sentiment. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had waiting awhile to use the specs and sentiment (2 different sets CTMH) but
      he day finally came...Thanks for your kind remarks

      Delete
  3. Sadly, I remember the days when my glasses were very similar to those ... no bling to make them 'cool' though! Great squiggly lines and cute card, thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the glasses I wore in high school looked like these also minus the bling! Thanks for the encouraging comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous and fun card, Kathy! I love your squiggly lines too! And somewhere there is a photo of a young me wearing a version of these glasses too, Lol! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, it's funny how a card can be such a connection for us...thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  6. Haha - now that's a fun and funky card. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad you enjoyed it..;.thanks for shahring!

      Delete
  7. Love your colour choice and the sparkles are a perfect embellishment. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the sparkly bling on those glasses. Great take on our Sparkle challenge, and Perfectly CAS. Thanks for playing with us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete