Hope changes everything...

 






When I saw the TSOT sketch for this week, I was puzzled, what did I have to use?    Then I was inspired by this card  submitted by Laurie Unger over at Addicted to Case code word LEAF.    I pulled out a current SU set and dies and absolutely one of my favorite,  Loads of leaves and Stitched Leaves Dies.   I followed the sketch and kept it clean.  Using my SU trees folder, I embossed the card base.   The DSP paper was from CTMH (don't recall the name).  To give added texture, I used a pinking shear edging die for the white panel, the leaves came from turning over the striped dsp and using the other side.      I went with Hope Changes everything because of a remarkable truth one of our elders shared in His online teaching of Eph 15-23 this past Sunday.   Paul in writing these verses uses the word hope in verse 18, "that you (Believers) might know the hope of His calling."    The word hope speaks of the certainty of God's promises, not wishful thinking we often say to people such as hope you get well.   So the sentiment "Hope changes everything" is a reminder to me to all believers in Christ as well that my trust in God is where it needs to be despite how things are going on around me and the circumstances of my life, even when especially when I don't understand,  My hope rests in God's promises and His love for me.     An old song but a good one is  On Christ the Solid Rock.    If you have time listen to this Acapella Virtual choir of around 300 voices children 6 to seniors 73 so beautiful and how artistic to bring it all together---it would require more time at the end of the song John Wesley tells about how it came together.

Now back to the card.   I tried adding some enamels, sequins etc and as I looked at possible choices.  I realized the best choice was to put nothing.  It's been a hot summer and I am so happy the weather is cooling where I am, and I love  how beautiful the trees are when they change to the reds, yellows and burnt oranges.  But I get saddened as the days get shorter and winter is approaching and the leaves are falling.   But   "Hope Changes Everything"     Please feel free to comment with tips etc. if you see something I might to think about next time.   I confess, that almost every time just when I get my post completed, I think of something else I could have done to add more interest to my work.   Thanks so much for stopping by,        Have a good week and stay safe!
Kathy

12 comments:

  1. I love it Kathy - perfect leaves, and what a fun embossed background - I love that folder! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather, I enjoy your sketches at TSOT and the way they overlap, so there is always two going on I think!

      Delete
  2. Kathy, so much lovely textures and fall colors! Your card is a great interpretation of not only our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch, but also our optional "falling leaves" theme! Thank you so much for sharing your card and creativity with us at TSOT!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna, so appreciative of your kind comments!

      Delete
  3. Beautifully and thoughtfully created, Kathy! The texture is rich and needs no additional embellishment. Thank you for playing along with us at TSOT 523. (I will be singing, "My hope is built on nothing less," for the remainder of the day.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very encouraged by your comments.... If there is one thing we all need right now it is real and lasting hope in Christ alone, so glad you know that!

      Delete
  4. Pretty card. Thank you for joining Try Stampin' on Tuesday for Challenge #523! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of lovely colour and texture going on in this autumn card Kathy! Thank you for coming back to play with us at Addicted to CAS. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The leaves look great with the embossing. Nice Fall card - Thanks for joining in at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete