Floral Swag...







Just sharing the process of making this card.  The sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches appears to be a slimline card, a style that CTMH is making popular this year.  I just ordered some of their cards and envelopes.    I made the base for this card by cutting basic white cs 7 x 8 1/2 to get an 8 1/2 by 3 1/2 size.   Inspired by my night dress I had hanging up after laundering, I cut a misty moonlight piece that completely fit the slimline card base and put it through my big shot using a large dot folder (turning it and matching dots on other end and putting back through.   It matched up very well to do this.   My watercolor pencils need to be updated and I knew I would not get a very deep color for the flowers so I thought it would look better on blue than a white background (maybe, maybe not)   The sentiment is from Loads of Leaves SU a set which I really am enjoying using (love the font).    I topped it off with three jewel look embellishments from last years SU catalog.     I did discover that a long card was harder to crop and so had to leave it like I took it!     Also I am linking to a challenge that I have never done before, but it's over at Pammie's Inky Pinkies where "Anything Goes"  PIP challenge2137.   Another place to get ideas!   Anyway thanks for stopping by, stay safe!   Kathy
 

6 comments:

  1. Your card turned out really pretty Kathy! I love the top that inspired you too. Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patti, I bought the top at this great thrift store near my house (along with a few others things) it was a fun sketch==so helpful when you want to play but your mojo is depleted!

      Delete
  2. Your card is lovely and so is your night dress! Well done, Thanks for linking up with us at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love that you used your night dress for inspiration. So glad you joined us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that your night dress inspired your card! I mean, WOW. This is great. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete