Gray with pop of red Christmas Card...








Welcome, thanks for stopping in!    Today's card is made up of three challenges.  I usually always start with a sketch and work from there and today's sketch is from Try Stamping on Tuesday.  One of the things I like about their sketches is that you  have a little over 2 weeks to figure out what you want to do.   The other two challenges are Sparkles Christmas Challenge # 129  Flora or Fauna and CAS Christmas "gray and red" which is one of my favorite combinations and since I bought SU's DSP Peaceful Place, I will be making quite a few gray/color cards this season!    The poinsettia is from Poinsettia Petals, which along with the die cuts is in the current SU catalog.   The leaves from a retired set Amaryllis Abloom provide a tone on tone look behind the wood look oval and the base is smoky gray.   The poinsettia is water colored with Real Red and Cherry Cobbler and Daffodil.   I am trying to kick my pepsi habit, and coffee just doesn't do it for me, so I apologize for how dull this must sound!      Have a safe weekend,   Kathy






 

15 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!
    Thanks for your sweet comment on my BCA card, and please feel free to share it on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Kathy! I love the dsp you used as your background...how fitting for this challenge! I have the same paper in my stash but haven't even opened it yet...shame on me! But anyway, it looks so pretty with that gorgeous Poinsettia against it...lovely, lovely card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! Marcia (DT) :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking time to comment, such encouragement!

      Delete
  3. Wow, Kathy, what a great pop of color that poinsettia makes against that blizzard background! The woodgrain oval is just the right touch. Love it! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles AND TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Heather, I appreciate the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your interpretation of the sketch and the red just pops against the grey background! Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Allyson for your kind words.

      Delete
  6. Oooh, I love the misty winter background and beautiful poinsettia, Kathy! Great way to focus the eye on the sentiment, too! Hugs, Darnell (CCCC GD)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous wintry background for that beautiful poinsettia, Kathy! Thank you for playing along with us at TSOT #527.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card using the challenge colours! The DSP for your background is so pretty and so is your lovely poinsettia. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card. So glad you shared over at Sparkles Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That DSP is beautiful. Paired with your pretty poinsettia and it’s perfect for our colour challenge.. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card. An unusual colour scheme but very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete