Lots of lines Birthday Card....




The challenge at Seize the Birthday is "Use a stencil."   I usually just do the anything goes, but I decided to use a stencil, only problem, I didn't have one, so  I ordered a collection from Amazon. To be honest,  I really was clueless about what to do until I made the stenciled panel and remembered this SU set Celebrating with flowers, and because my stenciled piece had curvy vertical lines Idecided that the panel needed horizontal straight lines.   I followed the sketch  from  Freshly Made Sketches.   I don't use purple or variations of it very often in my art work, but today I decided to be adventurous, and in addition to SU granite gray, I grabbed fresh freesia and soft succulent (from this years in-colors.)  The flower in this set doesn't stamp very well,  but maybe that's actually part of it's allure, definitely has that handmade look!  I finished it off with soft succulent enamels.  The way my MOJO has been this week, I'm just happy to get something made!         Thanks for stopping in!         Kathy

  

8 comments:

  1. Love the repeat of the lines in everything from the flowers to the stenciled and embossed panels. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch with your embossed and stencilled lines, the stamps have a lovely graphic feel. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet flowers - I love how they pop on the gray of the background! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty take on the sketch, Kathy. I love the soft color palette and the textured background. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete