Brown Christmas Card...

 


Never have I made a Christmas Card where I used shades of "Brown" predominantly.   Since this is the year I wanted to "branch out" and try different challenges and challenges out of my comfort zone I decided to give the current challenge at 52CCTD my best shot.   I am also linking to some "anything goes" challenges...Just click below and it will take you to the Websites.     The verdict is out on my card.  There are some lovely cards that have been posted for this challenge.   It's just that I have always been very traditional with Christmas (red/green black/gray with pops of color, or shades of blue). So I went shopping and  I downloaded some lace papers and used a very old CTMH set to create a Nativity.   The embellishments are SU Cinnamon Cider (last year's incolor) in this years book!    I am starting to incorporate digital into my artwork...I just love the brown lace papers I downloaded from Etsy.   I look forward to building my digi stamp collection.     I would love to know what you think!   Thanks for stopping by!   Kathy








14 comments:

  1. Well done for challenging yourself, I think it definitely worked out. Your lace papers are gorgeous, and give a lovely textured look behind the cute nativity. Thanks for playing along with us at 52CCT this week, hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tone on tone looks so fresh, I love it! Thank you for joining the 'We Love to Create' challenge, Gabrielle Polkadoodles, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely design with your brown shades! Good for you on challenging yourself to branch out more! Lovely image and beautiful layout! Thanks for stopping by crafty friend! Great to hear from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a unique look! I love monochromatic cards! Thanks for joining us over at the the Holly and Ivy Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card you made :-)) I like how you use brown colours.
    Thank you for playing with us at 52CCT. I hope we see you next week, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! Thank you for your participating in this challenge! Hugs from DT-Irre

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Nativity scene. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation at 52CCT! Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete