Husband's Valentine...





As I started putting together the "ingredients" for this card, I decided that the color scheme and sentiment would be work perfect on a Valentine for my husband.   That's when it's ok to give a man a somewhat frou frou card, or at least I think so!     It will have a gift card inside for his hobby.   I probably won't get a card, but he will tell me to order myself some card making goodies which works for me!   He would take me somewhere nice to eat, but since I am immunocompromised and  Covid continues to rage we will order food from a nice restaurant and pick it up at the curb.    The photo at The Card Concept speaks formal to me, but I think I used the colors a little less so and using gray as a neutral I pretty much stuck to the  color scheme as it appears.  The 2nd card with the black base is actually the first card I made, Clean and layered is the look I was going for!  But the camera shows everything and the Just a note didn't imprint good and I filled in with a black marker, and in the photo it looked horrible.   I didn't have any more black so I used gray on the top card.  But the more I looked at the first card, I kept thinking I could fix...and that is what I did I untied the ribbon and attached a new panel and then reattached a heart and the flowers.  It was a lot of work, but I think it was worth it, I now have 2 lovely cards of this design!  The watercolor dots and stripes are from Digital BJOETEE on ETSY.  They printed so beautifully on watercolor paper.  I print on watercolor paper all of my digital files for the most part, it makes such a difference when it's an image I want to color.   I can print from the photo tray so I don't waste paper when I print an image.   I store all my digital files on a separate hard drive so I don't tax my computer hard drive.   White looking for a sketch for the card on Pinterest I came across the Paper Craft Crew sketch # 158 and when I visited their blog and found that their current challenge is "Anything Goes" I decided this sketch would be perfect.   The heart die is from Hobby Lobby (can't remember who).  The pretty little flowers are SU stamped on some of the big circle paper that I printed.   I only print what I want for the project I'm doing...but I have a notebook that I save the leftover papers in a protector with the photo on Etsy of the download package, with each paper choice numbered to match each jpg or png in the file.  That way it doesn't take long to find what I want!   I still buy pretty papers but my work space is in the guest bedroom, so I have to purge regularly and make sure what I buy can be used over and over (stamps and dies at least).  Soon I plan to take pictures of my workspace and share how I manage limited space!      Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!     Kathy


 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely Valentine card! Thanks for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Valentine- great job on all of the challenges! So thrilled that you joined us at The Card Concept and we hope you can play along again soon!

    ReplyDelete