Cut Out To Be Friends...


The challlenges that led to my card are below and you click on the picture to go the website.  I did not find a sketch that worked for me this time out...so I did as I pleased!  It's not original I'm sure!    A supply list will also be listed below.    The inspiration photo is quite colorful, so this is probably one of the most colorful cards I have ever made.   It looks better in person, but my watercoloring leaves much to be desired.  I think I waited too late to learn this technique.   My hand tremors a good bit, partly because of all the medicines I take for Mulltiple Myeloma and partly because of old age.   I researched the harlequin jester and it is a tradition at Mardi Gras, which starts Mar. 1, this year.   I just picked out some colorful paper and used a somewhat harlequin  styled 3 D embossing folder.  The composition of the jesters clothing contributed to my choosing the striped paper and adding texture with the embossing folder.   I actually do like how colorful it is and I welcome your input.   Thanks for stopping by!         Smiles   Kathy

Supplies:
SU CS:  Basic White, Bermuda Bay
DSP:   Sunshine and Rainbows
Watercolor Pencils,  CTMH and SU
SU Stamp Set:   Crafting Forever
SU:   Bakers Twine and Playing with Patterns Enamels
Embossing Folder:  Spellbinders
 
For Tic Tac Toe I did the center vertical white, friendship sentiment, and two of the same thing (three enamel embellishments)
The challenge for Crafty Chicks is CAS ( I used a lot of color, but I tried to keep it clean)








9 comments:

  1. Its a lovely card you have created and a really interesting concept on how you picked all the individual elements. Thanks for sharing it with us at Paper Fundays Challenge. Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that our Inspiration Station picture this time inspired you to create this card. That embossed panel certainly reflects the harlequin of the Jesters costume. The way you picked the colours out for the topper is wonderful. Great Make thank you for joining us at Inspiration Station, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The embossed panel is just perfect! Great way to blend these challenges! SO happy you joined us at The TTTC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Your design turned out amazing! Loving the texture with the embossed panel and your colors are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABULOUS take on our inspiration photo and BEAUTIFUL overall design ... love it!!! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Inspiration Station!
    Darlene
    INSPIRATION STATION
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - great use of the embossing folder to tie in with our challenge.

    Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete