Driving By...


My older sister actually owned a blue VW bus when I was a junior in high school.   The memories of it, are mostly good.   So when I saw this stamp set in Sale a Bration I knew I had to have it.   I've been waiting until the right time to use it and the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches and color scheme at Sunday Stamps seem to pair up for a fun card!   I ended up paper piecing for the VW bus image which I don't recall ever doing.  But what to put behind it for the sketch was somewhat of a challenge.   I have a tire track image from a CTMH stamp set that I have probably owned for over 10 years, but when I tried that it just didn't work out.  So,  I ended up printing an outline of my state to use as a background image.  It is the same state my sister and I lived in during the "VW bus era."    For the color scheme at  Sunday Stamps I used two browns and two blues.   For the embossed panel I turned it upside down, as a nod to wheelies in the sand, not that my sister would ever have done that !  I could send this to my sister as a birthday card or I could send itto a guy---who lives in SC.  It works for either.  Anyway thanks for dropping by today,  now I'm off to vacuum and mop the kitchen/dining area and living room/entry while Hubby and dog Sydney are at the park, so much easier when they aren't here! .   Smiles,   Kathy





 

7 comments:

  1. Dang, this is a genius design for this stamp! And I love the story - I, too, have (mostly) good memories of a VW bus in my life, lol. Great take on our colors, and love your layers! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Heather, thank you so much, I needed encourragement today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous take on the sketch! Love the way you've incorporated everything into your life memories! P.S. I agree it's easier to clean on your own as I was doing this the last couple of days myself...yes, days! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little VW bus and this fun layout! Great card! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to combine the van with the state image! I love the gathering of images towards the top and leaving white spacing below. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love it. I want it.

    ReplyDelete