Daffodil Afternoon Card...


 

A few days ago, as I was on the "prowl" for a challenge where I could participate using what I have on hand, I was happily surprised at Make the Cards Challenge blog, since not many challenges ask you to use DSP (which is something lately I enjoy doing.).  This is the first time I have used  paper from this suite, and I really like the way it turned out.  One thing I noticed was that it matches back to Very Vanilla and I think most if not all of the DSP I have bought over these years has had white backgrounds.  Long story short since I have a good bit of very vanilla it is nice to have DSP to match so I can start using it more!   The sketch at Paper Players is my "kind" of sketch and I think it worked out well with my fussy cut flowers and Mossy Meadow thin woven ribbon.    After I took the photo above I added the mini sparkles (shown below), but decided I really like the above version best, just clean and simple.   The sentiment is from Happiness Abounds and is stamped in Noir morning mist.  I cut the flowers out of one of the floral papers, there just happened to be about three flowers that showed up around the edges, cutting as close to the outline as I could,  I then ran them through my xyron and adhered them to watercolor paper to make them secure and then fussy cut them again again.  It was easy enough and not overly complicated.   I really like the result!   While I was looking at another cardmaker's blog I clicked on a link to Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.. and in addition to a DSP expected blog, I hope I will pick up some new cardmaking friends1   Finally,   I am also doing "anything goes" at Paper Funday, which is not new to  me!       It's a challenge blog where I have never particpated, and since I love DSP, I'm excited to link there.    It's a rainy day here is SC (translated = fun play day in the craft/guest bedroom). My work table with computer sits in front of my window, so I've been watching it rain off and on all day.   So glad I'm retired and don't have to out and about today.     I cleaned this room yesterday and got most everything put where it goes, glad for that as well, it's hard to create when everything is out of place and you can't find anything.     Smiles,   Kathy

PS my garden is drinking all this liquid sunshine up! 








6 comments:

  1. Kathy, this is very pretty....I lament the lack of Very Vanilla patterns too, although I do love most everything SU creates! Your flowers are delightful and I love the patterns you chose for your DSPs! Thanks for using my sketch this week at the Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Kathy! I have that patterned paper but never got around to cutting into it at all. Your fussy-cut blooms look fabulous. Thanks for playing with the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect choice of papers backing those lovely flowers, great to put some of it to use! Thanks for joining us at Make the Cards Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and I agree, I would also love to see more paper with Very Vanilla backgrounds. Your fussy-cutting is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous card and it brought some sunshine into your craft room on a rainy day. Thanks for playing along in our challenge at The Paper Funday. We hope to see more of your lovely designs soon.
    Donna
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a soft and lovely design Kathy! The flowers pretty popped up over the two sections of papers you've chosen! Your fussy cutting is nicely done too!

    ReplyDelete