You're a classic masculine birthday card...

For some crazy reason I decided I needed to make a guy card.  So I pulled out a very old CTMH set with the vintage car and gas pump.   The sentiment is from a more current set, but I don't think it's available at CTMH right now. I have been trying to think of a way to do the challenge at Try Stampin on Tuesday that ends tomorrow and I decided that I could make this all work.  The CS is SU, the DSP is from a "dad" set in the Sweet Shop Design on Etsy.  The gas pump is stamped with CTMH Sundance and the car is stamped with SU gray granite.  I also met the left vertical column at TicTacToe,  the embossed folder for panel and the deckle die cut for sentiment  are from Tim Holtz.  I'm also participating as a first timer at Addicted to Stamps and More theme any occasion so my birthday card meets that requirement!    I fussy cut everything and as you will see, because of  it's vintage look and the fact it's for a male I wasn't terribly fussy with the cutting!    Thanks for stopping in.    Smiles,   Kathy





 

6 comments:

  1. Kathy, great masculine interpretation of our Try Stampin' on Tuesday! I really like how you took colors from your background plaid paper and used it in all the elements of your card!! Thank you so much for sharing your card and creativity with us at TSOT!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvelous card, Kathy! I love the embossing and plaid behind those terrific images. Thank you for joining us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm such a fan of those old fashioned cars! You've got a great color combo going on here along with the texture and sentiment too! Really great take on the sketch and glad you were able to get a masculine one in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great masculine card with the classic car - love the embossed panel as well. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card. I love the colors and textures that you have included. Thank you for joining us for this challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find masculine cards really difficult, Kathy but you have the process nailed! Love all the textures and colours you used and the sentiment is perfect!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete