Celebrating World Bee Day...

 


It's almost 7:00 on Saturday morning May 21, yesterday I had my infusion treatment for Myeloma.  I get this every four weeks, and in addition to the "Darzalex" drug I get benadryl and steroids.   So every 4 weeks I pull an "upall nighter."   Tonight the time passed fairly quickly as I thought about each challenge and what I wanted to include on the card and then doing the cutting and die cutting  the stamping of the bees, the creating of the tag etc. and then the assembling of my card.     I used Digi Bumblebee paper from Sweet Shop Designs on Etsy.   They were having a sale so I got 7 packages for under $7.00 ( I couldn't buy a sheet of 8x10 for a dollar at the local kraft stores)...The embossing folder was included in a SimonSaysStamp monthly kit and it is available by sizzix.   The base papers are SU black and SU (retired) Bumblee Bee.   The embellishments are part of the SU "Hues of Happiness" suite.and they are in the same color family as one of the stripes in the cross piece.  I used all the colors of the strip at the least twice, which is why I used the little narrow gray ribbon (from a local store) on the tag.   The verse was downloaded from this shop on ETSY and though it was pricey, it came in multiple sizes and it's the first my verse my daughter memorized when she was around three or four years old, so for birthday this coming September I am going to have it put on a canvas for her wall.  I really enjoy using digi stamps and paper, the storage is so easy.   It's all stored in categories on a flash drive, so that accessing is easy enough and learning to use it has been somewhat of a learning curve...but most of questions can be answered by googling it.  





While browsing possible challenges to do with no particular idea in mind, I visited the above challenge and thought CASE(ing) myself might be fun.   I guess since I have used some sketches repeatedly I have already done that, but just not thought of it that way.   I have often finished a card thinking I should have done this or that...I must admit with my "health issues"  I find it challenging to even make a card some days.   Enough of that,   Here is my card I "cased."   It was a challenge at CAS Colours and Sketches.


I took liberties with the card, reversed the sketch and used different colors, but I knew I wouldn't mind!  I used Bible Verses on both cards, that was not the reason I picked this card to CASE...It just turned out I wanted to do this Bible Verse so it's not as playful as a lot of bee cards.  The card size is 6 1/2 by 4 1/2.  The tag with the verse and the bees themselves were too large for regular size, but it will fit fine in a 5/7 envelope.   Here is the card I made at the first week and it is playful.  I am going to make one for each of the ladies in my swap group and I will include a handmade chip board easle that I am making so they can place the card on their desks or somewhere in their kitchen.   I believe they will appreciate them.




Festive Friday

For Festive Friday ( a challenge new to me)   I made sure I read their instructions carefully following the 3 challenge limit and also included many elements of their list on my card.


Global Design Project had matching theme to the Festive Friday Challenge, but there were many elements that I have included that I believe my card eligible for this challenge as well. 


 


I know I've may have been verbose (excessively wordy) with this post, so if you read or looked at any of it then thank you for taking the time to do this.   I appreciate comments and Smiles and best wishes to all of you in the cardmaking community,                          Kathy
(PS the steroids hype me up, this day I will probably a lot of my cleaning done, and tonight I will crash at about 9:00 PM.)

11 comments:

  1. Both great cards Kathy! Love the textural addition to your cased project! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your encouragement

      Delete
  2. I love your cards Kathy. They are so thoughtful and original. I love the bees and the Bumble Bee cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, that is a beautiful embossing folder you used! Thanks for sharing with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my I do love those bees! Really great layout and texture on your top card design! The second card is fabulous and cheery with your colors too! Brilliant job with both of them and glad that you're able to take your mind off of things for a bit to craft as it helps me in many ways too. Take care of yourself, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the texture in the background - it's a lovely embossing folder. Great card! Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much wonderful texture and I love how you clustered the bees around the DSP. Fabulous card. So glad you joined us at Festive Friday this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for playing along with the Festive Friday Challenge! Your card is lovely. I love everything on it. Hope you are doing well and look forward to seeing your beautiful cards in the Festive Friday Gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card! I love the way you've changed up your card from the original. The use of the embossing folder and the layering of the DSP make for a gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete