Bee in the moment...


I haven't felt like "playing" with my "toys" lately...but thankfully I seem to be getting stronger!   I also have been playing around my blog site and uploaded a digital paper "vines" from Etsy to reinforce John 15.5 which is in the blog header.  I've started using some digital papers and images in my artwork.  For me, it's about having fun and continuing to have a measure of success as I age and with my side effects of Myeloma treatment.  When I do challenges I especially enjoy "sketches."  It gives me a starting point!     This one from Try Stampin on Tuesday grabbed my attention because of the all the shapes!  I met both of the challenge goals since I used a die cut as well as followed the sketch.     Simple and sendable were my main goals for today.   For the Can you Handle the Pressure challenge (anything goes with a flower twist), I used one of my favorite folders from a company that no longer exists.  I think since this folder has a couple of flowers on it I met the challenge twist!   It created a serene place for my bees to play.  I didn't have a "Bee" sentiment, but I think Enjoy the simple moments works well.  I love going out and piddling with my flower beds and raised bed garden (squash, tomatoes, and pepper plants.)   Right now they are beautiful plants and I'm excited to think in about one month I will start harvesting vegetables.   Of course, bees are pollinators so while I don't get close to them, they are very helpful!      I always appreciate comments and thanks to all of you who design at these two challenge blogs...Your cards help "jumpstart" my creative thinking!    Stay well,   Kathy

Supplies include:   Dandy Garden Paper (retired SU), Bumble CS (retired SU),  Enamels 2020 Incolor collection, Honey Bee Buzzworthy stamp die set.
 

10 comments:

  1. Such a sweet and brilliant card here! I do love those bees and how important they truly are! It's a beautiful textured background and I love the popped up bees over your hexagon die which works perfectly for the sketch! Nicely done! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Vicki, Thank you for encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card. Love the embossing, and yes the flowers definitely meet the twist. Love the bees and that sentiment works bee-utifully Thanks for playing with us at Can You Handle The Pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, what a clever idea to use the honeycomb die cuts as the shapes on your card! The embossed background "grounds" your bees and honeycomb to the card adding lovely texture!! Thank you so much for sharing your creative talents with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely embossing and design full of gorgeous colours. Thanks for entering into our current challenge and good luck in the draw. [aNNie Proud designer for Can You Handle The Pressure

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful embossing really catches the eye. The dies cuts are so nicely arranged. Thank you for joining us at Try Stampin; On Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome design ... love it!! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure … we appreciate your support and hope to see you again next challenge!
    Darlene
    CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your take on this sketch! It is so clever! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin on Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a bee-utiful card. I love the wonderful die cutting you have included. Thank you for joining us for this challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy, congratulations!! Your lovely card was chosen as one of Try Stampin' on Tuesday's Challenge #557 "Top 3"!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete