Spring Border (Power Poppy Digital)Card...


\
image is Spring Border from Power Poppy
colored pencils SUcurrent, CTMH retired,
Sentiment Spring Hello SU stamp set 
and playing with pattern enamels
SU black cs
Amazon watercolor paper



So many of you leave encouraging remarks, and I want to thank you for that.   I must admit as I age (just turned 69) when I see all of your work I'm not only in awe but sometimes allow myself to give into self intimidation.    But thankfully it's about the enjoyment of cardmaking not the skill.  Although believe me when I visit your blogs I enjoy reveling in your skill, it is one my favorite things to do!   So keep putting it there.  Thank you for using your precious time to stop by and look today.  I will try to keep it simple, by clicking on ANY of the photos including my card, you will be taken to that challenge website or a business site.   I make no money off any of these link.   I just know how much I appreciate links that take me to see where I can get what you used or tell me about it somewhere in a product list.    One last thing about  Power Poppy, her images are so user friendly and the details don't go away with resizing.  Marciella has also been so nice and helpful when I have contacted her.  Here is a link to Pinterest where I have a Power Poppy Category to include all the stamps I've bought or gotten free with the DSP cards for each one  from her site.  If you want to check it out click the highlighted Pinterest..


The sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketch was the first challenge I chose for this card.  My first love in challenges will always be for a "sketch."   That probably comes from doing Radiology for forty years.   The anatomy of the part to be x-rayed  had to appear a certain consistent way on all x-rays for them to be diagnostic.   While I try to be creative no,  in my job as a Radiologic Technologist that would not have been encouraged or appreciated by the Radiologist for whom I worked. 

first time at this challenge...
Challenge theme "summer fun"
My vegetable garden and flower pots are fun for me each summer!
It's been hot here in SC...so even though I have to get up early to water them, it's still fun!


"All occasion week"


Four Seasons Challenge
first time at this challnege...
Anything summery goes, with Summery Mood board for inspiration
I din't make my flowers all pink but I did choose to do a floral card!


Use something Never Before Used
New sketch to me
I have never used Power Poppy's Spring Border digital stamp
I have never used the sentiment "Hello Friend" from Friendly Hello SU
the watercolor pencils and enamels I have used them before

Thanks and smiles to everyone who visited,    Kathy

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful floral card! Thank you for joining our fun challenge at Four Seasons!
    Diane FS DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've created a lovely flower garden. Thanks for joining at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that image, beautiful coloring and looks so good with the added texture. Thanks for joining us at Four Seasons and at Krafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and coloring. Yes, cardmaking and crafting is about enjoyment. Everyone is at a different skill level and it's about having fun, sharing ideas and making friends! Thanks for sharing your project with us at The Four Seasons Challenge. We love seeing all the entries and appreciate the participation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some lucky friend is going to find this bright and happy garden in their mailbox! The next time you feel intimidated by another card artist's work, just look at this pretty card and your confidence will come back! Keep on creating and thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some really pretty colouring Diane and I love the texture of the paper you have used and such a lovely PP digi stamp. Thank you for joining us over at the NBUS Challenge this month. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just needed to return to apologise for calling you Diane, as I saw the name above and assumed that was your name, not pausing to read it properly. I have looked through your archives and find that you are Kathy (hope I have it right this time). You should put your name at the end of your post as I think your work deserves a name...I hope you don't think I am being cheeky..lol. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem, thank you leave such a encouraging comment

      Delete
  8. This is a beautiful card. Love your take on the TMS Sketch, and the lovely flowers. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge. Debi DT TMS

    ReplyDelete
  9. That textured watercolor paper was a really neat choice, at first glance it looked cross stitched!! You had such humble and kind words! Thank you for sharing your creativity and for the work you put into providing links! Also thanks sooooo much for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches and I hope you're back again real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marcella always has such beautiful images and you've colored this one so pretty! Thanks for playing along with Tuesday Morning Sketches, hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never be intimidated to share your art! It's all you. Your card is absolutely and I'm with Patti, at first glance, I thought it was stitched, too. It's wonderful. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous!!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie - TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card! I love the texture. And I completely understand the intimidation that one can feel, but as you stated, it’s all about the joy this hobby (passion) brings to our soul. Thanks for sharing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is stunning, and the added texture really adds to the beautiful feel of the card. I like to start with sketch challenges as well, and you've introduced me to a new-to-me challenge. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday! I hope to see you in the gallery again soon.

    ReplyDelete