Summertime-Playball

 





This is the Father's Day Card that I made to give to my husband along with our adult children, We are giving him a very generous gift card to buy shoes at his favorite Running Store here in our town.  He an our kids are all runners.  He loves all things sports and the kids have gone to all kinds of sporting events over the years.   Sometimes they were praticipants with dad in the stands and sometimes they were all spectators.  Dad nor son either one card for hunting or fishing.  But they do enjoy getting outdoors for a good run, especially when it's not blazing hot, like right now here in SC.   I am playing along at Try Stampin on Tuesday (sketch), Inspiration Station (photo) Double Trouble (masculine and sketch at Try Stampin On Tuesday) and at Paper Funday Challenge (masculine).  And with all this DSP I've used I just have to enter at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.   I've never played over at CardzforGuyzs that I recall so since their theme is Father's Day, I'm going to link this card there.  For all of you moms out there and wives as well with husbands often playing on work or church teams, you know how dirty they come home...so I just gave in to the grunge with my image...My Husband has been a lifelong LA Dodger  "FAN" so I used masculine papers and enamels that fell in line with their colors.    I bought the above digital paper set for .99 cent on ETSY and I can see using it for other projects as well.   The Image and top sentiment is from Power Poppy "Baseball vignette"   The Happy Father's Day is from SU Celebrating you...  Thanks for stopping in, Smiles Kathy


12 comments:

  1. What a great idea with the digital paper to match your husband's favorite team! The card came out perfectly and I am sure he will love it! Thank so much for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card and I love those digi papers. Thanks for sharing with us at The Inspiration Station and we hope you'll play again soon.
    Donna
    The Inspiration Station Challene
    The Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the grungy effect and how beautifully you personalized this card, Kathy! Thank you so much for joining us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great Father's Day card from your creative fingers! Using an image of your husband's Dodger team is quite clever, as is giving it the "grunge" feel to remind him of his own uniform after a game :-) Thank you for using our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch and our Double Trouble masculine theme with plaid. I swear that plaid is the same one in my Dad's shirt he used to wear so many years ago! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna my husband played for church and work teams, but he was a lifelong Dodger Fan, sorry if I gave the wrong impression! But thanks for being so supportive--I enjoy participating at Try Stampin on Tuesday as well as Inspiration Station

      Delete
  6. Great sentiment, love the image in your oval and great background plaid for your masculine card... thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you matched things up!! And that sentiment is perfect for our "Father's Day" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, Kathy! The background is the perfct touch. (Is that a Tattersall Plaid?) Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #113.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute card and the sentiment is awesome for it! Great use of the sketch. Thanks for playing with us at Double trouble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Digi papers, it is a great bespoke card for your Father's Day card. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great project.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete