Psalm 34.18 Sympathy Card....



Probably like me you don't particularly like to make Sympathy cards, but sadly, from time to time we need a card to send a friend or acquaintance.   I just seem to gravitate that direction with this card made using this week's sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches.   One of the tasks I completed this week was organizing the cards I had gotten a recognition badge to display on my blog.   I ended up doing a post which I was able to link to a gadget on the left side of the blog, that can be clicked on to go to that post, which I can update if I ever need to.   I discovered that I had participated about 47 times over at TMS and several of my cards had been picked.   But what meant the most to me was as I was rereading the post where my sister had passed away that week and I had just found out that my myeloma had "relapsed."    The design team, were so "kind" with their comments and I felt surrounded by ladies who cared about me as someone who was struggling...As I read it all, my heart was lifted, my sister loved Jesus and I am confident we will one day be together again.   And for over a year now,   My myeloma has been in remission.   So thank you TMS design team for being there for me 2 years ago.   Cardmaking,  blogging and entering challenges has put me on a path of making friends with some wonderful caring folks!      Thanks for stopping in.    Smiles,    Kathy
 
In addition to TMS I am also linking to the following challenges:
Happy Little Stampers (use a die)  " a new to me challenge"








 

16 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful how many 'internet' friends we have who rally around us when times are rough - I found that when DH passed into glory. Like you I have the hope of seeing him again. Love this sweet card, and I am sure it will be appreciated when you need it. I have one to make as of today...
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Maxine,, I can only imagine how it is for those of you who have had to say a "temporary" good by to a spouse...the only comfort is that assurance that to be absent from the body is to be present with the LORD...Art is very soothing I got into stamping etc. about 20 years ago this past January when I was going through menopause (early)) and about to go crazy....and yes all the friends are a "collateral" benefit and the blessing it is in other lives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Kathy. Love the soft gray and the velum banner. Thanks so much for using this week's Tuesday Morning Sketch and for being such a loyal participant and for the nice shout out to everyone at TMS. Hugs, Debi DT TMS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card, and I can tell so much love went into creating it. Wonderful news regarding your Myeloma- prayers for contined remission.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, let me compliment the card. I know Sympathy cards are always the hardest to have to make but generally they are the most beautiful. This card is no exception. So beautiful.

    Now your kind words about the TMS team. I am glad we were some support and comfort to you when you needed it. That's why we do what we do! To bring us crafters together, lift each other up and share moments. Thank you for being a faithful player. We're so happy that the melanoma is in remission.
    Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Melissa, Hope you are still on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card. You did a great job. I love it! Thanks for joining Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Sympathy cards are tough but this is beautiful and will be an encouragement!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie - TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely sympathy card which is never easy to make. This will be an encouragement to the recipient. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your take on the sketch! What a lovely card. Thank you for joining Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.-Samantha, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Samantha, for some reason your original comments went to SPAM, I didn't look at it for awhile!

      Delete
  11. Great card! Thanks for playing along at Crafting Happiness Challenges. We are now a weekly challenge blog with themed challenges. Come play this week. I'd love to see more of your crafting projects. Hugs!
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty card. Great to see you in the HLS gallery! Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete