Hello Little Friend...



Whatever part of the world you live in, I hope you are comfortable and safe,  and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog.   Your comments are always so appreciated and I feel like I know so many of you through our blogs and common love of cardmaking.   Today is my first day participating at Inspiration Station Challenge as part of their Design Team.   Last fall one of the design team artists left a comment on my blog and invited me to participate at Inspiration Station.   I had never heard of this blog and for the most part I only did sketch challenges,  I found "photos" very intimidating.  But, I kept being drawn back over there and found it wasn't as hard as I thought!...You actually have lots of freedom to be your own kind of creative!  For instance my first impression of today's photo was Noah's Ark (that includes all created life)so I had to narrow it down  and  this adorable digital stamp "Hello Little Friend" turned out to be just right.  By Connie Fong (you can click here to see it on ETSY.), this little bunny and butterfly are just the cutest and I think they  will bring a smile to the face of my card recipient.   To print the images I used a 4 on 1 label program in Word.  You can choose transverse or horizontal labels.  I  print 4 images at a time (not always the same things).  For this card, I printed 2 of the same and used one to color and fussy cut the bunny so I could pop him up on my card!  Using both water color and colored pencils I Colored it all in.   It may be overdrive but I used matte SU retired green enamels for the circles on the mushrooms, to create different depths and textures!   I also used the SU basket weave embossing folder over the green gingham plaid (from We are Three Etsy store).  Connie Fong is the sponsor for the current Inspiration Station challenge and is offering a substantial discount to entrants.   For more details  go on over and  check out the artwork by the Design Team while you are there.    I would love to see you there!         Smiles,    Kathy





 

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Regine

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest bunny and I love the interpretation of the photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! HUGE CONGRATS on your new design team! I think it's a new to me challenge, so I'm over to follow along now and hope to play! :) You've knocked your first card out of the park with these adorable little critters! Loving the texture of your background panel and such a perfect sentiment with it too! Looking forward to seeing your future inspiration with this my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so sweet and I'm so happy that you're a part of the team! Thanks for a wonderful team project for The Inspiration Station Challenge!
    Donna
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on being on the I.S. design Team Kathy! Love how the photo inspired you to create this gorgeous card.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boa tarde
    Lindo cartão, parabéns, um forte abraço.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Firstly thank you for your lovely comment and secondly congratulations on your DT position how wonderful.Absolutely gorgeous card I love the dimension on the bunny and your pretty colouring against that pretty background.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss you sweet friend. Hope you’re well.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a beautiful person. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete