Vintage Swim Team Birthday Card...





It's been two weeks since I posted a card.   I was at my daughters last week, helping her clean and get rid of stuff since she is going to be sharing her apartment with a room mate starting the first weekend in September.  She is in graduate school, so this will help her with expenses for that.   We are storing some items for her so I decided to go through and do some paring down of my stuff.   But I have plans to make several cards this week...This past challenge at Inspiration Station was my first one as part of the design team and I enjoyed it so much.   Such wonderful cards were shared, it was very exciting!    The photo (above) for this week inspired me to look for a vintage photo of girls in swim suits.   I have often jokingly replied to friends inviting me to come over for a swim that I really wish I could but my swimsuit has a hole in the knee, so I'll have to pass.   I have this thing "lately" about vintage clothing and so I went hunting on Etsy for a digi download.  The sentiment is from a retired CTMH stamp set "You're Not Old."  Below is a photo,  a friend on facebook shared last week.  It's her mom (born in 1900) swimming at the beach with friends.     She said I could share this!  Anyway I hope you will go on over to the Inspiration Station Challenge, the team designers have come up with various takes on the sketch and we would all love to see what you come up with.
Thanks for stopping by,    Smiles,   Kathy



 

5 comments:

  1. What a fun card Kathy - love it! The image was a great find and that sentiment paired with it is perfect :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. That image is awesome! What a great find as I love making things with the Vintage style images and papers! Loving the colors with your card too along with the lacey looking papers and deckle edging around the image! Great take on the challenge and I'm popping over for a look! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki, I hope you are feeling better!

      Delete
  3. Hi. I miss your posts. Sending love and hugs. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete