Nutcracker "dance of a Sugar Plum Fairy"

 


  


The Nutcracker, a wonderful classic Christmas Ballet, is performed in my city every year at the Children's theatre.  So when I saw this weeks Challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, I thought of the "Sugar Plum Fairies."  I found this precolored image of a Sugar Plum Fairy and Nutcracker on Etsy and using colored pencils went over parts of the image a bit to make the colors show up with greater vibrancy.     I have known several families over these years, whose children have danced in this ballet or been in the orchestra, so this card could definitely be sent to the entire family at Christmas if this was the case for that family.   Or it work for a young lady on her own who enjoys the arts.     So thanks for stopping by and always know your Christmas Card entries for our themes are so welcome and appreciated.     Smiles,   Kathy.   
Supplies:
Soft Succulent CS SU
pink enamels ?
gold ribbon (Joanne's Fabrics)
Etsy Precolored Image
Colored Pencils

If I didn't read it wrong the Design Team was invited to share our "fairy" cards over at the Fairy and Unicorn Challenge Blog    (a new challenge to me)...I'm not sure if I met any of the requirements but it's always fun to find new friends at new challenge sites so here it goes.)


14 comments:

  1. Kathy...just beautiful. I would have sworn you used watercolors...amazing work with colored pencils! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, what a beautiful festive card you made :-)) I like your Fairy ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. que c'est adorable Kathy, très jolie scène, biz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fabiola, loving being a part of the design team at 52 CCT

      Delete
  4. A beautiful card Kathy - love how you have increased the vibrancy of the original colours, and the gold roibbon is beautiful
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card Kathy! I love this dance as well and have always hummed it during the Holiday Season around the house! LOL Love this sweet image and what a great idea to add some vibrancy to the colors with pencils! I love it! Sorry I haven't been around as I've had some computer problems lately. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Maxine, you are always such a blessing to other card makers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your take on the challenge Kathy - great idea. The colours are so pretty. Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy: Hi! I left a comment at 52 CCT to invite you all over to TFATU because we offer "Anything Fantasy Goes" every month. I was on the DT for 52 CCT about 2-3 years ago, I think. I hope you will come back in the future. You might be very interested in sharing angel cards here in the future. Fairies, unicorns, gnomes, dragons, etc. are welcome. The combination of a ballerina fairy and the Nutcracker in front of the trees makes a great image and a great find by you! Thanks for sharing! --Becca/owner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea to highlight certain spots with colored pencils!!! Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete