Poinsettia Paper Piecing Card




After spending almost a week in the hospital, I was so happy to get home, take a shower on Tuesday and sleep in my bed.   The staff at Greenville Memorial 3 B were awesome and took such great care of me!  Today's card is a paper pieced poinsettia    My mother loved poinsettias and I guess she passed it down to me!    This is my 4th week as Design Team member at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown and I'm enjoying see my stash for next Christmas grow!     As I always I invite you to take part in our challenges.   I think this one is a fun for sure and is such a great way to use up all that designer paper we are hoarding!  Because I chose pink monotonefor the flower, you will have to look close to see the patterns are different!   Thanks for stopping in today!
Smiles,  Kathy

Supplies,   SU Retired Joyful Christmas (Poinsettia) retired
                  SU Timeless Tidings (sentiment) retired
                   SU soft succulent cs (base)
                   SU Eden's Garden DSP  (bottom green panel and poinsettia leaves) retired
                   SU DSP ?    (poinsettia)     retired
                    Black Enamels  ?





12 comments:

  1. Oh Kathy - so sorry to hear you had to spend time in hospital. I pray you are well on the mend. They are not the best places for a good nights sleep!!
    Love your monochrome poinsettia - it's so pretty, and I could see the contrasting paper patterns
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. superbe et tres élégante Kathy, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your being in the hospital and hope you're on the mend at feeling better at home. Your poinsettia card is gorgeous and I love all of the popped up layers with it! What a great idea to use the pattern paper for the coloring too! So proud of you for getting your Christmas cards going and you'll be ready to go! Sending get well hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, what a beautiful festive card you made :-)) I like how you used this technique ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, your paper pieced poinsettia is just gorgeous! What beautiful plants, that we know in our climes only as potted flowers. In Tenerife (Canary Islands), I could admire them as free-growing shrubs, which often reached almost tree size. Never would I have thought that they can grow so large. Thank you so much for your lovely comment. Get well soon, Rosi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosmarie for sharing your experience with the beautiful poinsettias, the islands must have been a lovely place to live!

      Delete
  6. So beautiful.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete