Playing in the Rain...

 








More fun with my cardmaking has been one of my goals for the past couple of years,   I love elegant and classic but doing things to bring on the smiles and laughter is so therapeutic.  And this card definitely is therapeutic for me today.   It's raining here at my house and is predicted to continue for the next few days,  so there are lots of  puddles being created, but it is much too cold to be outside, so I'm looking at this cute bunny and thinking about how much fun he is having jumping in this glossy puddle!  I swap with a fabulous group of cardmakers and once a month we get together to eat (of course) swap our cards out and one lady has a project for everyone to do.   I'm doing the project this month and this is the card we are going to make.  I am am demonstrating paper piecing and how to use glossy accents.   A lot of this I have to do in advance, because of drying time-- but I ordered a glossy accents for each lady to take home for future use!  I really do think  it will be a hit!       Thanks for stopping in,    Smiles,  Kathy

 I'm playing along over at  the following challenges:
(anything goes--critter is the start)
(never before used stuff)
Bunny (from Playing in the Rain)

(theme of love and use a die cut)

Supply List
Playing in the Rain (in the current SU Occasions Catalog)
retired SU Sunshine and Rainbows DSP
hole puncher for embellishments
Glossy Accents
Xyron to run the fussy cut puddle through before putting glossy accent on
Heart balloon from (CTMH Smitten Stamp set ret.?)
Scissors for fussy cutting
Bermuda Bay CS SU
Basic White CS SU
Black Pen to create the balloon string




9 comments:

  1. What a cutie he is and he certainly does make me smile! Love the happy and bright colors as well as the textured hearts in your background! So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, this wee fellow made me smile - it's supposed to be summer here, but we have had more rain hours than sunshine hours, I am convinced! love the bright background strip you have mounted him against, and the glossy accent puddle is perfect
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun, happy card (your goal, right?). I love the joy in your bunny's expression. Thanks for joining our Cut it Up LOVE challenge.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn (CIU owner)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to get back over there! Thanks for commenting

      Delete
  5. Lovely to meet you, Kathy! I think you are very thoughtful to give each lady a bottle of GA to take home. They are much more likely to use it and find out how much fun it is to watch it glossify! Your paper-pieced bunny is having an absolute BLAST in those puddles. Raining here today, too. I should put on my red wellies and follow suit! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting and teaching me a new fun word "glossify."

      Delete
  6. What a fun and lovely make! Nice colours, cute image and I like the embossed background.
    Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
    *DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

    ReplyDelete