Playful Snowflake card....







Good first Saturday of the month to you!     That means it's time for another fun sketch at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.  I say it all the time, sketches are among my favorite challenges to do.    With any challenge it's always fun to see how everyone is inspired to create uniquely and this month's sketch at 52CCT  is a fun one.   I went "looking" on Etsy for snowflake ideas and ran across some snowflakes that looked similar to the ones on today's card, but weren't quite what I had in mind, but got the snowball rolling in my brain.   For a future 52 CCT challenge, my SU demonstrator friend Pam Driggers had loaned me some retired SU die cut snowflakes and stamp sets and I got them back out and found this cute set...not sure of it's name, since it wasn't in a regular SU case.  But nothing I borrowed was current!  Anyway,  I decided to print off some notebook paper from an ETSY digital Paper Pack that I bought years ago as the background for my snowflakes.  I remember kids in school who doodled on their papers.  .  Full disclosure,    I not only don't doodle, I can't even draw stick figures...I love doing artsy things so I'm glad I discovered stamps and papers etc.   As always, I invite you to show the 52 CCT design team your creation using this sketch...One artist will be chosen to join as a guest designer and it could just be you, perhaps!   But no matter what, it is a great place to get ideas and get a head start on making your Christmas cards,  rather than waiting until the last minute (like I always did in the past).    So thanks for stopping in today!  

For quite awhile now, maybe years I have wanted to share some of what has composed my life journey through blogging.  The blog really is not about me, it's about God's grace and mercy and is HIS story in my life..  I have known for a very long time what the blog name would be....I hope you come visit me there and let me know what you are thinking these days!    Smiles, Kathy







12 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card Kathy - love the assorted snowflakes on the 'note paper' background
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm, not sure what is happening... your link to the new blog is not working properly :( - the link takes me to my 'posts' page
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. elle est super jolie Kathy, avec une touche de modernité, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. Love it 😍. Regine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy... adorable! Love how you used ruled paper...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colorful snowflakes are so fun and playful especially over the ruled paper! I absolutely love this design and the sentiment fits perfectly fit in there with it! Nicely done with your thoughts to childhood doodling which was always a fun pastime for me as well! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, well done on my sketch

    ReplyDelete