52 CCT March Sketch




It's the first Saturday of March and that means sketch time over at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.  ...Branka is our hostess this month and we're off to a great start.  While I don't often make square cards, I enjoyed using this sketch and making one.   The pre-colored artwork is from Carolyn's Musings on ETSY.   I love fussy cutting part of an image and popping  it over the base image.   I colored with colored pencils slightly (watercolor will not work with my printer ink.   I hope you join this fun sketch challenge and be sure and take a look at the beautiful Design Team Creations.    Smiles,   Kathy

SU   soft succulent, Evening Evergreen and Evening Evergreen Ink pad (all current)
watercolor paper for printed images and base of card
Retired x embossing stitch (SU)
square stitched dies ? source 
embellishments Soft Succulent SU (retired I think)
linen thread ? source



 

5 comments:

  1. Awww, such a darling card and beautifully coordinated colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card Kathy - love how you have added to the main image with the robin ephemera
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy... just beautiful. I really did think you had watercolored until I read you used colored pencil... amazing coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh que c'est joli Kathy, très élégant et charmant, biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love the images so much Kathy! What a brilliant take on the sketch as well! What a great job tying in the colors together! I love seeing your Christmas inspiration my friend!

    ReplyDelete