Picture frame using acetate Christmas Card....



This week is Stash challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.    This has proved to be a learning exercise for me.  I have only used acetate once on a simple card at a friends house.  I looked on Pinterest and saw some great cards,  but I just couldn't figure out how to make sure the backside of the acetate looked as good as the front.  So for this card I chose not to show the back side. I do like what I came up with, and it is much prettier than it looks in the photo!   Hopefully in the future I will be more adventurous.   You will find that the Design Team has created some beautiful cards for this challenge.     

The image that I used is a precolored download from Musings by Carolyn  on ETSY.  Carolyn has been a joy to work with when I have needed something different.  Her style appeals to me.   So you will continue to see her artwork on my cards in the coming months.  

I love making cards that a combination of digital and traditional stamping and other activities associated with cardmaking.   Some bloggers use the term "hybrid" for these cards.  For the digital I use "Paint" (factory installed on computer) and Microsoft Word.    I tried a "specific" program for using digital and just couldn't get the knack of it it, to be honest.

Thank you for stopping by and as always I would love to see what you create in our 52 CCT Gallery.   Also, be sure to check out Carolyn's shop to see her beautiful creations!        Smiles,  Kathy   





 

8 comments:

  1. que c'est élégant Kathy, une vrai beauté, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy...love your honesty! Your card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous card Kathy! That image is so warm and inviting! I love your idea with the frame and window using acetate! I also love the details with the add twine and snowflakes! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful creation with acetate foil!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blessings my friend. Regine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a soft, gentle image on this fabulous card Kathy - love it, and so beautifully 'framed' also
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete